Notes from Wed, June 2nd, 2010 OpenPTK Owners Meeting
- Session life-cycle management
- Target date for release 2.0
- Open Issues
Meeting started at 21:45 Central
Session life-cycle management
Discussed how the Client API interacts with the Server (ServletFilter) relative to Session management.
- The default server configuration has "anonymous" authentication enabled.
- The CLI sample application (a user of the Client API) requires the end-user to authenticate.
- Since the "client" provided credentials, upon successful authentication, the Server creates a USER session instead of an ANON session.
- If the Client remains idle for longer than the session timeout, the Server removes the Session.
- If the Client executes a command after the idle period, the Server automatically creates a new ANON session and allows the command to be processed.
A number of options were discussed to enhance this scenario. One option is to leverage the Authorization features that are currently under development. This topic is be re-evaluated after the authorization features are implemented.
Target date for release 2.0
The current target date for 2.0 is July 31, 2010. Suggested code freeze, two weeks prior.
- The wiki page for Version 2.0 has been updated.
- The new design is based on "tabs" to separate the logic categories of documents.
- It was suggested that a common template be used for all the docs to maintain the look-n-feel.
- Each member will consider when to break a "large" document into sub-wiki pages
- TODO: Need to define a final list of needed docs.
- CLI: Looking at third-party jar for parsing input
- CLI: Evaluating operation responses when a Service is off-line
- Server UI: enhanced to support IE
- Authentication: functionally complete, waiting integration with authorization
- Authorization: started development
- Created namespace for packages
- Updated configuration xsd and xml