Monday, November 17, 2008 9pm CST OpenPTK Status Call
- Scott Fehrman
- Derrick Harcey
- Terry Sigle
- Review Architecture for next version (2.x)
- Discuss Strategy for openptk.org test site
- Discuss Documentation wiki
- Discuss next version architecture
- All of the Founders agreed on the new (next) architecture
- The architecture supports more flexible "Contexts". The Contexts can now define a unique Service (JNDI,SPML,etc.) for a specific Operation (create,read,update,delete,etc.)
- Context will now "link" four components together: Definition, Service, Association, AttrGroup instead of just two: Subject and Service. This model is much more flexible and address limitations and redundant data in the configuration
- The Element "Subject" is now called "Definition" to match the Java Code
- An Attribute, within a Definition, supported "Transformations/Transforms" ... these are now called "Functions/Tasks" to support the validation of attributes that will not actually modify the Attributes
- A "Defaults" Element was added. These defaults are evaluated when the XML file is processed. These default Properties are accessible by other parts of the XML file.
- A "Security" Element was added. An "Encryption" Element was added to support the encrypting of values.
- Discussed wiki documentation
- Discussed pre-packages 1.0 samples on the dev.java.net
- Discussed hosting of "openptk.org"
|dharcey||Reviewing / updating wiki docs (v1.1)|
|sfehrman||Add open/closed bug and issue info to Doc (v1.1)|
|tsigle||Evaluate plans for current openptk.org server|
|sfehrman||Continue with next version architecture|
ADJORNED at 11:30pm CST